Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What a Gift!


While visiting some of my Colombian friends, Francisco and Martha, I gave them a copy of the Spanish/English New Testament from LifeLight Ministries. Martha opened it with joy and read, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, nor has it entered into the mind of man what things God has prepared for those who love Him.” She was so taken up with what she was reading that she kept on while I visited with the rest of the family. She loved to look across the page to see the translation.
This family has been in Canada for almost two years, and the Holy Spirit is working in their lives. (Francisco was shot in Colombia by some extortionists and is crippled.)
Recently I made a trip to El Salvador on a tour with thirteen advocates of Compassion Canada. I took some of the English/Spanish New Testaments to distribute to the children. I spent a day with Carlos and gave him a bag of gifts. Of all the gifts, he treasured the New Testament most of all! He is trying to learn English, and he liked the side-by-side message in both the languages.
May the Spirit of Jesus Christ continue to bless people by opening up the Scriptures in a language they can understand!
Len Johnson

I inherited your book on living; it’s mine forever—what a gift! And how happy it makes me! (The Message).

No comments: