Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A Phone Call Away

Today, I received a letter from one of our supporters- the wife of a man who used to walk in to our Winnipeg office all the time, picking up Bibles for giving away. He passed away recently, and I offered my condolences. I knew him for  a short time since I've worked here and was wondering when I would see him next - now I knew why I had not seen him for a while. 

His wife told me how they've been ministering to people in Osborne for 22 years, every 2 weeks as volunteers at a food bank. They would pick up some of our large print Bibles and hand them out to those who used the service. It was so encouraging to hear, and though it is never easy to lose someone close to us, she was at peace knowing he is with Jesus now. Praise God!

As an extra blessing, she mentioned how she was feeling down this morning, but one of two good things happened this morning, and one of them was me calling her! I was so happy to hear that, and thank God for leading me to call her. There is always a gentle nudge in our spirit when God wants us to do something, so its important that we listen. Comfort may be just a phone call away!

​God Bless!

-Roxy F.​

No comments: